Ice Rink Canary Wharf FAQs
Our top 3
- Q: What are the ice skate sizes?
- A: We have ice skates available from children's size 8 (EU25) right up to adults size 15 (EU52)
- Q: Is there a minimum age or height required to skate?
- A: There is no minimum height required to skate but the minimum age is four. It is also suggested that a skate aid is booked for little ones to help them find their feet on the ice. Skate Aids can be rented for £5 from our Customer Service Office. Please arrive 30 minutes before your session to rent a skate aid as there is limited availability.
- Q: Can I wear my own skates?
- A: Yes, you are welcome to bring your own skates, although this will not alter the price of your ticket.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Getting to Ice Rink Canary Wharf
- Which station is closest to ice rink canary wharf?
- Canary Wharf tube station is a two minute walk away from the ice rink. Canary Wharf and Heron Quays DLR stations are also very close by.
- Which line is canary wharf underground on?
- Canary wharf is located on the jubilee line.
- How else can I get to ice rink canary wharf?
The thames clipper docks at the canary wharf pier, which is only a few minutes walk away from the centre of canary wharf, close to westferry circus.
London buses to canary wharf: d3, d7, d8, 135, 277
For more information on getting to the ice rink, including the quickest journey options from your location, please visit the official transport for london site: tfl.gov.uk
2. Family and Children's Information
- Can my children skate?
- Yes, children 4 years and over can skate. All children (ages 4-12) must be accompanied by another skater who is 13 years or over. A maximum of 6 children can be accompanied by 1 skater over the age of 13.
- Is there a minimum height required to skate?
- There is no minimum height required to skate but the minimum age is four. It is also suggested that a skate aid is hired for little ones to help them find their feet on the ice. Parents must judge whether their children can skate safely.
- How do I book a skate aid?
- Due to Health and Safety considerations and to prevent congestion, Ice Rink Canary Wharf is obliged to limit the number of skate aids on the Ice. Skating aids are available to hire on a first come, first served basis, at the customer service office, 30 minutes prior to the start of each skate session and cost £5 each. Advanced booking of skate aids is not possible. Please note we have a limited number of skate aids available so arrive early to avoid disappointment. Please note there is a height restriction on skate aids of 1.2 meters. We thank you for your understanding.
- Are there ice skates to fit children?
- Yes, ice skates start from size 8 (25EU).
3. General Information
- What are the ice skate sizes?
- We have ice skates available from children's size 8 (EU25) right up to adults size 15 (EU52).
- Can I wear my own skates?
- Yes, you are welcome to bring your own skates, although this will not alter the price of your ticket. Please note that Speed Skates are not allowed.
- What time should I get there?
- Please make sure you arrive at the site at least 25 minutes before your skating session is due to start as this allows enough time get fitted with the correct size skates and to store personal belongings. However, during busy periods (Monday to Friday after 17:00 and after 12.00 on Saturday & Sunday) you may want to arrive up to 30 minutes before your session starts.
- How long are the sessions?
- Sessions start at specific times and last for 50 minutes. There will be a 15 minute gap, between each session to re-surface the Ice.
- What should I wear?
- To make your visit as enjoyable as possible, we recommend that your clothing is suitable for your time on the ice as well as the weather. We advise that you wear trousers or tracksuit bottoms as these will dry quicker than denim if you should get wet. Please bring long socks with you and have a warm waterproof jacket, gloves and hat ready for the action on the ice.
- Where can I leave my bags?
- Bags of any description are NOT permitted on the Ice, so we advise you to only bring the essentials with you. All bags (handbags, rucksacks, man-bags, purses etc) must be placed in the lockers provided. Lockers cost £1.00 and are non-refundable. Please do not bring large baggage or valuable items to Ice Rink Canary Wharf as they will not fit into a locker. Ice Rink Canary Wharf accepts no responsibility for personal belongings.
- What happens if it rains?
On all outdoor Ice rinks there is a risk of getting wet. The Ice Rink is open come rain or come shine so please dress according to the weather conditions on the day. Skating will continue throughout wet weather, however, this should not affect your ability to skate and does not make it unsafe to skate.
Climatic conditions can affect the surface of the Ice. Calm, cold days mean the Ice surface will remain dry. Wind causes friction, which warms the surface of the Ice, resulting in a wet surface. Climatic conditions are beyond the control of the operator on an outdoor Ice rink.
- What happens if it snows?
- It is rare, however if there is very heavy snowfall in a short period of time the ice rink manager may deem the weather conditions unfit for skating and your ticket will be transferable to another session. Your safety is our first priority.
- What is your refund policy?
- Customers are reminded that this is an outdoor event and NO refunds will be issued. If our Management team find it necessary to close the Ice rink due to technical or health & safety concerns, they will offer you an alternative session (subject to availability).
- What is the ice rink size/capacity?
- We have 1200 sq metres of Ice which, based on the NSA regulations of (1 skater per 3 square metres), allows a capacity of 400. However, for customer experience and enjoyment, Ice Rink Canary Wharf has restricted the capacity to 350 per session.
- Is there somewhere to buy refreshments after skating?
- Yes, please head to The Grandstand Bar for a post-skate drink, from hot chocolate to warm spiced cider or a cold beer.
- Can I skate on Christmas day?
- No, we are closed on Christmas Day but we are open all other days of the season.
- Is there wheelchair access?
Yes, wheelchair users can skate at Ice Rink Canary Wharf. Wheelchair users have full access to the venue and manual wheelchair access to the ice rink. For all electric wheelchairs or other requirements please contact the Customer Service Office prior to your visit for more information or further arrangements. Please note that wheelchair users must be accompanied on the ice by a competent skater - the accompanying carer skates for free. Please speak to the Customer Service for more information. Contact Us
- Are there toilets at the ice rink?
- Yes, there are toilets located on site. Please note that you will need to remove your skates to enter the facilities.
- What do I do if I lost something during my visit?
- Please ask for the ice rink Duty Manager on-site for all lost property enquiries, or Contact Us
- Are there places near to the ice rink to do my Christmas shopping?
- Yes, there are a number of shopping malls close by with many popular retailers and restaurants, please visit www.canarywharf.com/visitus/Shopping for full details.
4. Ticket Information
- What are the ticket prices?
Please visit our Prices Page.
- Can I buy a concession ticket?
Please visit our Concession Tickets Page.
- Can I buy tickets on the day?
- Yes, of course, you can purchase tickets online at any time, this season, our tickets are only available to purchase online. We are likely to be very busy and may even get fully booked, so advance purchase is recommended to guarantee your skating session.
- If I pre-book, how do I get my tickets?
- Tickets will be emailed to you.
- Do I need to print my ticket?
- No, if you are unable to print your ticket, you can download it and we can scan it from your smartphone.
- I have booked my tickets in advance, what do I do when I arrive?
- There is no need for you to go to the box office, (unless you need a skate aid), just go straight into the skate exchange where you may have to queue before you are allowed to get fitted for your skates. If you are very early you can visit the café/bar for refreshments. Our system will allow us to start scanning you in up to 30 minutes before the start of your session.
- Can I get a refund or transfer my booked session time?
- We do not offer refunds or transfers on any purchased tickets unless the Ice Rink Canary Wharf manager deems the weather conditions unfit for skating and the ice rink session is cancelled. In this instance you will be able to transfer your ticket to another session (subject to availability).
- Can I book skating lessons?
- Yes – whether you want to master a biellmann spin or just learn to stand up - individual ice skating lessons should be available from December with our dedicated NISA qualified coaches. Details and booking information will be available in November 2021. If you have not found the information that you are looking for here, please Contact Us.
Keep me updated
Signup To Our Newsletter Or Connect Via Social Networks